Whatever crosses my mind - good, bad or ugly - will probably end up here at some point. Between my ravings, you can read about my cycling exploits with the Feedback Sports Racing Team here in Boulder, CO.

Friday, August 21, 2009

8/21/09: Hammer Props


Hammer Nutrition is one of our original sponsors. The company and their products have been instrumental in our success. We solicited some direct feedback (pun intended) from our team members to see what importance they attach to using Hammer products and how they feel about the company. Here are some of the comments:

Diran Ayandele - Hammer! I love everything about Hammer. I love the company's guiding principles. I love the loyalty they've shown our team. I love the athlete support they provide in general. Oh yeah, and the products are the finest on the market as well.

Nate Llerandi - I have the privilege of being one of the early Hammer Nutrition customers, from back in 1989. I started using the core Hammer supplements back then leading into my senior year of competitive collegiate swimming and experienced my most successful season by far. From that point on I was sold on the quality and efficacy of Hammer’s nutritional solutions. Using a balance of pre-, during- and post-workout/race supplements gives me an edge I’m not willing to forego.

Ben Buxton - I started using Hammer Nutrition this year and the most noticeable difference for me is the speed of recovery after hard training sessions as well as feeling strong at the end long training rides. I use Recoverite religiously after every training session for glycogen replenishment as well as Hammer Whey for protein supplementation. On the bike, HEED, Hammer Gel and Endurolytes have helped me finish strong on both hard training days as well as races.

Peter Dunlap - This is my first year using the Hammer product line for training and racing. Their energy products have worked well for me and using the endurolytes has made a night and day difference in my performance in longer road races. The biggest revelations for me, however, has been Recoverite. After making Recoverite a part of my post-race routine I've been amazed at how much better I feel the next day. For the first time I've been able to have good results racing on consecutive days. Excellent stuff!

Matt Duncan - There are many things I like about Hammer products. My top one is my improved recovery without the stomach issues I was getting with other products. Even on my toughest training and racing days I have felt remarkably good the following day since I have been following the Hammer recovery process.

Matt Drinker - I've been using Hammer products (HEED, Recoverite, GEL) for the first time this season and have seen a huge improvement in energy and recovery time. I won't race or train without it anymore!

Brad Winn - Just wanted to give a short review of Hammer's Endurolyte capsules. Maybe some of you have already used these extensively, but I only recently was turned on to them, and they work great. During the last stage at Gila, it was about 80 degrees and the race was quite long. I ended up taking a total of 6 capsules over 5 hours along with a bottle of HEED, and I felt GREAT, even at the end of 102 miles of racing. I really do think the Endurolytes had something to do with this. On an earlier stage I tried a different supplement capsule and just didn't feel very good at all. Maybe it was just me, but I think the Endurolytes did their job and helped me to do mine. Bottom line, I'm going to be using these every time it's even remotely warm, and I would definitely recommend them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home