Whatever crosses my mind - good, bad or ugly - will probably end up here at some point. Between my ravings, you can read about my cycling exploits with the Feedback Sports Racing Team here in Boulder, CO.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

6/11/09: Litmus Test

Great ride yesterday a.m. with Ben Buxton. Third time up Magnolia in past 2 weeks as prep for the Mike Horgan HC on the 20th. In my nearly 16 years in the Boulder area, yesterday’s ride was the first time where I hit the top and thought, “Now I’ve got it.” Now I know exactly how to attack this wicked climb. Which will serve me well on race day.

This will be the first HC race of the year where I’ve had my climbing legs. Lookout Mtn was too early, and I was still sick at Sunshine 3 weeks ago. Guess I’ll find out exactly what this means in about 9 days. But for now it feels pretty damn awesome.

The Mike Horgan HC represents the first step into what I consider the meat of the season. The following weekend is the Dead Dog stage race in Laramie, WY. Three weeks after that is the Mt. Evans HC state champs, followed 2 weeks later by the Salida RR state champs, followed a week later by the Niwot Criterium state champs. Five big events, five large expectations – both self-imposed as well as for the team.

Can’t wait . . .

Ride safe,
Nate

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate,

Enjoy your blog. Any thoughts about heading out to Cali for a real climbing race---say the Everest Challenge in September? 2 days, 29k climbing, 200+ miles.

Cheers,

mdo

10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home