Whatever crosses my mind - good, bad or ugly - will probably end up here at some point. Between my ravings, you can read about my cycling exploits with the Feedback Sports Racing Team here in Boulder, CO.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

7/12/09: Longmont Crit

Focused forward on Evans, this Saturday, so making this one short and sweet . . .

Team did a great job of controlling the race. We were all a little disappointed at not getting the victory, but not for a lack of trying. I spent a good 30-35min off the front solo. Didn’t expect to stay away; was trying to give the rest of the team a free ride. Picked wattage I could hold to the end in case the peloton didn’t get motivated to chase me down (yet I knew it would). Ended up setting a PR for 20min at 342w, giving me a Ptt60 of 325w. My 10min was 342w as well and the 30min came in at 339w, so steady as she goes. Lead maxed out at around 22-25sec before coming back down.

Ben, Donuts and Bag-o-Nuts did a lot of work on the front and at the end. Unfortunately, Peter crashed early on, suffering a 2nd degee separation of the shoulder. He should be able to stay on the bike and be good for the season ending races. Not fun to get back on the bike right after that sort of injury (I suffered a 4th degree separation in a bike crash a few years back), but the nervousness subsides in good time. Good luck recovering, Peter!

Placed 4 in the top 20, with Drinker coming 2nd, Donuts in 16th, Bag-o-Nuts in 19th and Ben in 20th. My job done with 2 laps to go, I faded to oblivion. May have still come out the ‘big winner’ as I walked away with 2 cash primes and a third product prime (a case of MixOne drinks).

Served as a great pre-Evans workout, that’s for damn sure. Now it’s rest, rest, rest leading into Saturday . . .

Ride Safe,
Nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home