Whatever crosses my mind - good, bad or ugly - will probably end up here at some point. Between my ravings, you can read about my cycling exploits with the Feedback Sports Racing Team here in Boulder, CO.

Monday, May 14, 2007

SMK, Right Around the Corner - 05/14/07

I missed Wheels of Thunder this past weekend. Saturday was my son's 7th birthday party (actual birthday is today) and yesterday was Mother's Day. I don't mind having to miss a race, but what a race to miss!

Feedback Sports absolutely dominated both the 3s and 4s races, bringing home victories and multiple Top 20 placings. Each race was marred by crashes, with Jeremy being taken out on the final half-lap of the 3s race, and Josh and Bryan going down early in the 4s. Luckily they were able to take advantage of the free lap, reintegrate and both finish solidly if not a bit sore.

A BIG hats off to Diran, taking the 3s race. A victory for him has been a long time coming.

Now, all focus is on SMK this Sunday the 20th. So named for our fallen comrade, Scott Michael Kornfield, this is a race we are motivated at which to do well. Ever since the week of the Louisville Crit, my legs have felt a little punky. Not sure why. Not too worried at this point. Training is going solidly, but there is a noticeable absence of "no chain" days. As long as they are there come July . . . I'll know more after Wednesday's effort, the last hard one of the week until Sunday.

Any way you slice it, I'll be ready and motivated to go. We've got a ton of momentum leading us into SMK. Would love to see the 3s or 4s (or both) come away with a victory. That would be sweet.

Soon . . .
Nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home