Whatever crosses my mind - good, bad or ugly - will probably end up here at some point. Between my ravings, you can read about my cycling exploits with the Feedback Sports Racing Team here in Boulder, CO.

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Time is Nigh - 03/23/07

In just over a week, I'll be toeing the line at my first race of 2007. Feedback Sports has already experienced some early successes this month, with Tim Malton lighting it up at one of the Stazio crits a couple weeks ago. That dude us F-A-S-T! When he moves up to the 3s, we'll have so many end-of-race weapons we'll have a difficult time deciding who to set the leadout train for. Will (hopefully) be a nice problem to have.

Everyone is gelling well and the team is looking particularly strong. Next weekend's race, the Koppenberg, is always a doozy. We get to do 6.5 laps of the course, so 35.5 miles and 7 trips up the (expletive) hill. If the hill weren't rutty dirt, it wouldn't be so bad. The key will be to nail the first half-lap, which is the run-in to the first traverse of the climb. If we're too far back, we're screwed. It is best to anticipate about 6-8 minutes of initial and complete discomfort due to a high pace before being able to settle in somewhat. The goal is to be at the front that first time up the climb. Let the monkeys fall off and screw things up behind me and avoid playing the yo-yo game.

Winter fitness is better than ever. Weight is leaving me lean and mean. No expectations on this one - its sole purpose is to blow out the rust. But, I will say that I will be disappointed if I do not finish in the front group, regardless of how big or small it ends up being.

More later . . .

Nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home