Whatever crosses my mind - good, bad or ugly - will probably end up here at some point. Between my ravings, you can read about my cycling exploits with the Feedback Sports Racing Team here in Boulder, CO.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

5/7/08: Jeez, More Cowardice

I posted on this last year, but I guess it will become a yearly ritual. It’s really too bad.

For the record, people can disagree with me, vilify me, and outright hate me. If you don’t like my persona, or don’t like what I blog about – or how I blog – or my interpretations and recollections about my race experiences, that’s totally cool. I appear to have fans (man, that sounds corny, doesn’t it?) and detractors alike. The negative rolls off my back, so go ahead and add your comments to the blog telling me what a jerk I am or that you think I’m way off base. I’m not infallible; I just tell it like I see it.

However, if all you are going to do is hide behind the shield of anonymity and present that as some type of false courage, then I encourage you to do one of two things: (1) don’t bother posting your anonymous opinions on my blog; or (2) be a stand up guy and identify yourself and include your email address within your comments.

Look at this gem of a response to my Lookout Mtn race recap:

“Based on the amount of vitriol in you post, you pretty much come across as the jerk in this situation. I'm going to have to say it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Keep an eye out for me on the dirt parts of Sunshine. I'm going to be waiting on one of the steep sections when you're speed is in the single digits and just push you over.”

If this isn’t a supreme example of complete cowardice, I don’t know what is. This commentator calls me a jerk. OK, that’s fine. Couldn’t have happened to a better guy. OK, an attempt at sarcasm. But then to threaten me directly, and promise to sabotage my next race efforts – and do so in a completely anonymous way? Pathetic cowardice.

What was the point, anyway? I am supposed to lose sleep, wondering who this closet psycho is? Am I supposed to be so scared that I’m not going to race this weekend? Or so scared and distracted that I won’t be able to race well? Aside from none of this happening, I just don't get it.

Again, feel free to post any comments you like. I seem to like vitriol, so be as scathing as you wanna be. What do I care? But don’t be a coward. It’s not becoming of you.

Nuff said,
Nate

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you new to the internet or what? If you haven’t figured out that ridiculous comments are going to be responded to with ridiculous comments, you haven’t been paying attention.

Face it man, cursing out some guy at the race, and then calling him out not once, not twice, but three times in your little diatribe here does not reflect well on you. After the incident with Scott, I think that you would have a better perspective on what is really important. I hope that for someone with a wife and two kids, it isn’t cat 3 bike racing.

Sean Steeves
Email: Are you kidding? I’m not posting my email on the internet. The reality is that you should just let this go. But if you really want to talk to me, I’m easy to find. I’m usually the biggest guy in the cat 3 field.

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home